Not just another project management solution.
But this nearly ended up just another project management solution for software development. Until we started looking for agile outsourcing suppliers. Existing freelance marketplaces help you find a supplier, but rely on surveillance software installed on the suppliers computer to force compliance with their terms. Needless to say that quality of delivered software has very little to do with logged keystrokes and randomly taken screen shots.
This made us think about combining outsourced software development and agile software development. So we set out to create an easy to use platform that is beneficial to the idea/project owner and also the agile supplier. We walk the talk and are building our platform using an agile supplier combined with a small in-house team, you can read more on our blog.
Meet the executive team.
Christian Sommerauer has been online since 1994 and been working with the Net since. He came in touch with most aspects of software design and development and system design and management and is still actively programming at Outfarm. He has used and sold outsourced services for years and strongly believes going agile will significantly increase the rate of success for outsourced development.
Our believes and aspirations
- Outsourcing is not a dirty word, it means more time to focus on your core business. We strive to make it as easy as possible to get from idea to working software.
- Agile outsourcing embraces the reality of changing project requirements. Change management is at the core of our thinking.
- It’s about both parties. We create value for the idea/project owner and the agile supplier.
- Successful fixed price project = Luck. Small and inexpensive incremental projects are the way to success. We will support incremental projects from start to finish.
- Surveillance based outsourcing flies in the face of what people motivates and undervalues the ability of developers that have to endure it. We strive to improve collaboration to unlock developer potential.
- Agile development is about the agile manifesto and not about a specific flavour of the many agile development methods. Our platform will stay open to any requirements/test driven method of development.
- Complicated software is a headache to everyone. We strive to meet your intuition.